You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘malygos’ tag.
We already knew it, but it’s now official, The Cataclysm!
I am extremely excited about it all, my dearest wish for a wow expansion was a redoing of Azeroth, and maybe something big happening that would change the world. I imagined the plaguelands green again, or desolace with flowers, or.. allot more things. But my imagination didn’t dare to go as far as Bliz actually did.
Flooding the world? Breaking it? Awesome!
I will not add any more to this, seeing other sites offer you all the info you need. But I do have some tidbits about Mr Deathwing 🙂
Deathwing – big bad dragon – black dragonflight.
Is at this time likely in Grim Batol.
His history in short:
– His name was Neltharion, and he was(/is?) the aspect of his flight.
– He got is crazy because the Old Gods were are messing with his mind.
– They managed to convince him to create the Dragon Soul. For some reason this disk was incredible powerful, but had a weakness for dragon scales…
– He convinced the other aspects to add power to this artifact ,thus making their Flights unable to damage the disk.
Neltharion revealed the depths of his betrayal at last. He was the only one who did not give of his powers to the Dragon Soul. Now with the disc at his command he wanted all races and the demons to see his power and to bow to him. The Dragon Aspects attacked Neltharion in an attempt to take the Dragon Soul from him and to reason with him in hopes of determining the cause of his perfidy.
– He almost complety wiped the blue dragonflight, which resulted in Malygos going mad.
– All Aspects went into hiding.
The growing corruption in Neltharion’s heart warped his body, as the angelic dragon began taking a more demonic appearance similar to how Sargeras changed to a more demonic form after his corruption. Neltharion’s body cracked open, revealing his molten heart, and magma and fire flowed off his chest. His eyes became aflame in red, demonstrating the magnitude of his power and the depths of his evil. Thus was Deathwing the Destroyer born, and the Dragon Soul was renamed: the Demon Soul.
– Deathwing went to his cave lair. Here he had armour made to protect himself from the power of the demon soul, but it wasn’t over yet.
– the Old Gods true intention was to escape their prison, and they hoped that the demon soul could create means to that.
– But.. Malfurion Stormrage (you gotta love him!) came through the Emerald Dream and stole the Demon Soul from mr. big black death.
– Malfurion managed to not get corrupted, and after some time (an argument with his brother and such) the stone got safe and hidden away.
Certain legends surrounding Deathwing claim that as the Earth-Warder, Deathwing shaped the land so the races would not go to war over land and resources. When he went mad, Deathwing lowered the mountains and allowed the races to intermingle. He ruined fertile land and destroyed other terrain so that the races would be forced to fight for food.Deathwing’s efforts gave birth to an occupation that has remained with all races since then: war.